Client Success Stories

Redefining Diversity & Inclusion in Tech

After a major merger and strategy change, a leading technology company needed a total redesign of its Diversity & Inclusion program, with a focus on improving the retention of women and underrepresented groups, and increasing the promotion rates and new role assignments for these team members.

The Solution

Institute experts in both Inclusive Leadership and Women’s Leadership partnered with the tech company’s Diversity & Inclusion team to reimagine a year-round program that continuously builds leadership competencies in equity, inclusion and allyship. We also leveraged the company’s annual sponsorship of the Simmons Leadership Conference with a special webinar following up on the conference’s content.

• Phase 1: Research – We began by conducting a thorough review of internal DE&I data, 10 stakeholder interviews, and one in-depth focus groups.
  • Phase 2: Beta Test – Based on that research, we then designed and piloted an educational program with 30 women that blended virtual onboarding and webinar participation with in-person leadership assessment and coaching, and a self-paced applied learning project.
  • Phase 3: Rollout – After running 6 successful cohorts, we fine-tuned the program structure, refreshed its educational content, and added other ongoing touchpoints managed by the client. The program continues to run annually.

The Participants

• Leadership-track team members at all levels
  • Managers and male allies
  • Executive speakers

The Program

Content Timeframe Delivery
Onboarding

1 day

Expert-led / Virtual

360-degree leadership assessment

3 days Expert-led / Face-to-face

Applied learning project

Variable Self-paced / Virtual

1 one-on-one coaching sessions Scheduled

Expert-led / Virtual

Simmons Leadership Conference webinar 1 day Expert-led / Virtual

Development & action-planning Ongoing Managers & male allies / face-to-face

The Results

• 4.9 out of 5 star-rating

Hear From Our Community

This program knocked my socks off. I feel like my company has really invested in me. I can't wait to use what I learned.

This was the best program ever that I have taken.