A top U.S. finance firm set a goal of recruiting and retaining the finest women leaders with an innovative leadership program featuring mentorship from C-suite executives. In this male-dominated industry they wanted their brand to stand out with women career-seekers. They also wanted to increase engagement and loyalty with existing women team members.
Institute experts in Women’s Leadership partnered with the finance firm’s Chief Diversity Officer and Executive Development team to co-create a 6-month program that focused on skill-building, hands-on learning projects and networking strategies.
- Phase 1: Research – We began by conducting a thorough review of internal D, E & I data, five senior leadership interviews, and two in-depth focus groups.
- Phase 2: Rollout – Based on that research, we then designed a multi-faceted, hands-on educational program that blended individualized leadership assessment with group projects, expert coaching, networking workshops, and action-planning
- Women at all levels of seniority
- Senior executive mentors, including the CIO
- Guest expert lecturers & coaches
|360-degree leadership assessment||2 days||Expert-led / Face-to-face|
|Action learning projects||6 months||Group-led / Face-to-face|
|2 one-on-one coaching sessions||Scheduled||Expert-led / Face-to-face|
|4 group coaching sessions||Scheduled||Expert-led / Face-to-face|
|Network mapping||2 days||Expert-led / Face-to-face|
|Presentation to senior leadership||1 day||Group-led / Face-to-face|
|Development & action-planning||2 days||Expert-led / Face-to-face|
- 100% of participants would recommend the experience to other employees
Hear From Our Community
It was a very valuable and effective program overall and I was very honored to be included
This course allowed us to focus on ourselves and goals while putting plans in place to meet goals.