What practices and competencies can help advance women into leadership? We surveyed 4,510 people who registered for the 2020 Simmons Leadership Conference to find out what factors women considered most important in their ability to lead. The top five factors out of 31 options listed in the survey are:
- Learning to listen carefully to people in the workplace
- Learning how to take initiative to reach desired goals
- Learning to be resilient at work
- Having a sponsor advocate for my advancement
- Receiving useful feedback from numerous people
These findings offer pragmatic and actionable insights for women who want to build their leadership capacity because all of these factors are entirely or partially within their control.
For more information, download the full report.