Last year, at the Simmons Leadership Conference (SLC) we broke new ground, introducing a hybrid format that allowed attendees to join virtually or in-person in Boston. The response was overwhelmingly positive, especially from virtual attendees who praised the rich and intimate experience.
As we fast forward to 2024, SLC is making a global return, transcending geographical limitations. The 45th annual event of our inclusive leadership conference invites individuals and teams worldwide to dive into a wealth of knowledge, inspiration, and skill-building sessions. This isn’t just another leadership conference; it’s a dynamic, global platform for cultivating leadership equity and inclusivity.
“In a world accustomed to virtual conversations, we recognized the need to elevate our standards and broaden our best-in-class solution to deliver an interactive and captivating virtual experience. We imagined bringing this transformative experience directly to your team—no matter where they are. And we are not just talking about attendance; we’re talking about active participation, engagement, and a true community-driven adventure.” – Kristen Palson, SLC Executive Producer
How? Host a virtual watch party for your team.
What’s a Virtual Watch Party?
If you’re unfamiliar with the term, it goes beyond passive viewing, transforming SLC into a communal event focused on sharing ideas about how to support and promote diversity in the workplace.
A watch party or virtual screening event is an organized session where a group of people – either colleagues, agencies and clients, or even friends – come together virtually to view the live streamed event on April 3rd. A virtual watch party enables you to create a shared space for impactful discussions, fostering connections, sharing diverse perspectives, and building engagement and community.
Benefits of Virtual Watch Parties
Hosting a watch party for the Simmons Leadership Conference goes beyond just “watching” conference content. Here are some additional benefits:
By leveraging these advantages, teams can transform a virtual watch party into a valuable opportunity for team development, collaboration, and professional growth.
Don’t have a team?
No problem! Virtual watch parties aren’t exclusive to teams. Individuals can also organize and participate, connecting with like-minded individuals, sharing insights, and being part of a larger SLC community.
7 Strategies for Hosting a Conference Virtual Watch Party
Here are some strategies your team can use to make your watch party for SLC successful and memorable:
- Set Clear Goals: Define the objectives of your watch party. Is it focused on networking, in-depth discussions, or a mix of both?
- Assign Roles: Designate roles for hosting, moderating discussions, and managing technical aspects.
Create a Watch Party Agenda
- Session Highlights: Identify key sessions or speakers to focus on during the watch party.
- Discussion Breaks: Schedule breaks between sessions for team discussions and reflections.
- Live Chat: Utilize the chat feature for real-time reactions, questions, and team interactions.
- Engagement Activities: Integrate polls, quizzes, or challenges related to conference content.
Promote Social Media Engagement
- Hashtags: Create a unique hashtag for your watch party and encourage attendees to use it on social media platforms.
- Live Tweeting: Foster engagement by live-tweeting key insights, quotes, and reactions.
- Virtual Networking Hour: Plan a post-conference networking session where attendees can connect on a more personal level.
- Discussion Forums: Set up online forums or discussion boards for ongoing conversations after the conference.
- Test in Advance: Conduct a technical run-through before the event to ensure everyone is familiar with the platform.
- Provide Support: Have a dedicated support team to assist with technical issues during the watch party.
Feedback and Reflection
- Post-Event Survey: Gather feedback from attendees to understand what worked well and areas for improvement.
- Reflection Session: Host a brief team reflection session after the conference to discuss key takeaways and insights.
By combining these strategies, teams can create an immersive and engaging virtual watch party experience for SLC, fostering connection and collaboration among participants of our global women’s leadership conference.
Elevate Your Team: Register for SLC
Imagine the power of collective learning and the buzz of connecting with like-minded professionals—all made possible through virtual watch parties. The Simmons Leadership Conference is poised to inspire and empower, and by bringing a personal touch with a virtual gathering, you enhance that potential manifold.
Register today and start planning your own virtual watch party for SLC. Because when we watch together, we grow together.