Certificate Program for Women
Impactful Practices to Thrive as a Leader
Strengthen your ability to lead with more ease, courage, and authenticity so you can thrive as a woman leader. Learn proven practices to help you invest in your best self, respond to setbacks with resilience, and inspire others with your bold vision.
Program Features & Pricing
7 Expertly facilitated, engaging live sessions
2 Private executive coaching sessions
Independent and group work between sessions
Networking and peer group support
$4,999 per person
June 28, 2023
< 1 hour self-paced work
Impact and Outcomes
- Lead with more ease by building on your strengths and focusing on what gives you personal joy and vitality.
- Minimize the risks and strengthen your ability to act with courage.
- Build your capacity for resilience so you can “bounce forward” from setbacks.
- Gain clarity on how to move the needle on your specific leadership issues, challenges, and barriers to thriving through personal executive coaching.
- Identify who you are at your best and how you can lead from your best self.
- Lead your team with more purpose towards a clearly defined, shared vision.
- Learn how to create a healthy team environment that allows everyone to thrive.
- Bring a more authentic version of yourself to your leadership practice.
Set the stage for a high-impact learning experience:
- Get to know your learning community.
- Understand the learning journey.
- Prepare to make the most of your time investment.
Investing in Your Best Self
Spend more time operating from your best self:
- Understand who you are at your best.
- Learn what enables you to be in your best self and what blocks you.
- Consider what would be possible if you lived more of your life from your best self.
- Discuss how harshness towards yourself and others impacts your ability to be your best self.
- Learn a process for returning to your best self when you are activated into harshness.
Navigate the complexities of authenticity to show up more authentically at work:
- Understand the relationship between you best self and your authentic self.
- Discuss how to navigate the desire to be true to yourself with the need to grow and evolve.
- Clarify your values to support your understanding of your authentic self.
- Explore how to show up as your authentic self in a balanced and measured way, especially when you aren’t in the majority population.
Take courageous and thoughtful action when risks emerge:
- Understand the sources of courage and identify your personal sources.
- Discover how you have already created conditions for courage.
- Learn tools for taking courageous action.
- Discuss how to act with courage despite the risk of failure.
Bounce back more quickly from setbacks and adversity:
- Understand resilience’s role in thriving and how it differs from coping.
- Use the “S Curve of learning” to understand your current state and how that impacts your need for resilience.
- Discuss the role of well-being in resilience.
- Develop your personal circles of support.
Inspiring a Bold Vision
Develop and compelling enroll others in your bold vision:
- Capture the “whispers of your heart” to inspire your vision.
- Develop a vision statement for your organization and for yourself.
- Ground your vision in purpose.
- Practice how to communicate your vision with enthusiasm.
Creating a Healthy Team Environment
Help build a team environment where you and your team members can thrive:
- Discuss how to develop psychological safety.
- Learn how to bring an appreciative approach to challenging interactions.
- Explore how to understand and unleash team member strengths.
- Plan how your team can learn and develop together.
Path to Action
Ensure ongoing thriving:
- Create your thriving inspiration tools.
- Develop your action plan.
- Commit to action and establish how you will stay accountable.
Susan MacKenty Brady
Susan is the Deloitte Ellen Gabriel Chair for Women and Leadership at Simmons University and the first Chief Executive Officer of the Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership. Susan has published three books on leadership. The third, Arrive & Thrive: 7 Impactful Practices for Women Navigating Leadership, landed on the best-seller list in the Wall Street Journal, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today.
Elisa van Dam
Elisa van Dam brings a wealth of experience in gender equity and inclusion to her role as head of Allyship and Inclusion. Elisa works with organizations and individual leaders to increase their understanding and practice of inclusive leadership behaviors. She creates and delivers research-based content and programming, based on our proprietary framework that demystifies the Work of the Inclusive Leader™.
Thoughts About Our Program
"Women fighting for gender equality have to upend so many barriers; a world of work built for men and outdated stereotypes. It can be exhausting but there is energy to be found in learning from the insights of Arrive and Thrive.” —Julia Gillard, 27th Prime Minister of Australia; Chair of the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership, King’s College London and the Australian National University
"I speak with fantastic women every day who tell me that they feel burned out, overwhelmed, and like they seldom reach the high standards that they set for themselves. If you feel the same, this program will give you proven practices to build your resilience, create a healthy team environment, and spend more time operating from your best self so you can thrive as a woman leader, not just survive.” —Elisa van Dam, Vice President of Allyship and Inclusion, Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership