Elisa van Dam brings a wealth of experience in gender equity and inclusion to her role as head of the Allyship and Inclusion practice area. Elisa works with organizations and individual leaders to increase their understanding and practice of inclusive leadership behaviors. In collaboration with other Institute Fellows, she creates and delivers research-based content and programming, based on our proprietary framework that demystifies the Work of the Inclusive Leader™.
She recently published The Inclusive Leader’s Playbook: The Work of the Inclusive Leader with co-author Susan MacKenty Brady.
Elisa also maintains a private coaching practice, working with women on how to successfully navigate maternity leave.
Elisa lives in the Boston area with her choreographer husband, their young adult son, and a willful rescue cat.
Prior to joining Simmons, Elisa was the Director of the Information Technology Programs at the Boston University Corporate Education Center. In this role, she oversaw design, marketing, sales, and operations for their IT training business, featuring open enrollment and custom education programs, as well as certificate programs. She also has extensive experience in the corporate conference arena. Most recently, she was the Vice President, Content and Learning for a global corporate event management company.
Elisa is a co-author on several Simmons University publications, including:
- The Importance of Authenticity in the Workplace (Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership, July 2021)
- The Inclusive Leader’s Playbook: The Work of the Inclusive Leader (Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership, June 2021)
- Five Influential Factors: Women’s Pathways to Leadership (Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership, September 2020)
- Professional Women and Confidence: A New Understanding of the “Gap” (Center for Gender in Organizations, October 2017)
- Women’s Experiences with “Male Allies” (Center for Gender in Organizations, November 2018).